Mobile Al.

brogden31

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So Does Any One Fish By Mobile Al. I Just Moved Here My Wife Is In The Coast Guard So I Have To Find New Fishing Holes Every 3 Yrs I Would Love To Go To Some Off The Sunk Tugs That Are About 2miles Off Shore But My Boat Is A Little Small 19ft Cuddy

kaferhaus

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Mobile Al.

Your boat is too small?? I've lived here in Mobile all my life and in good weather you'll see 16 foot CCs 30-35miles offshore all day long.

I've got a 16ft Bass tracker that I've been further offshore than 2 miles in... obviously I'm not stupid, the conditions have to be right.

My brother owns a 18ft Caracal and we take it 30-35 miles out on a regular basis... now if we're going further than that we take the 26' twin vee...

You should have no problems with that boat around here so long as you're sensible with it.

I fish the Delta a lot too, lots of good fishing around here without having to go offshore.

MWBROWN

Petty Officer 1st Class

Specks and Reds in the rivers. Bass all over, but not very big.
Flounder aroung the intersate pilings and the rivers.
Triple tail around the bouys in the lower part of the bay.
Flounder, reds and specks in the Intracoastal.

Big Reds off Dixie bar.

Have fun. Watch the wind.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

19' is plenty of boat if you're careful. As previous replies have pointed out, there are so many places to fish around here, the problem is to decide which one to go to. Get a Moblile newspaper and read the fishing reports on Thursdays. This will help you get a start. We like the Coast Guard down here-they will come for you when you're in a bind [usually because of your own bad decisions--like going out in a 19' boat in bad weather Ha.]

w.lowe

Cadet

We've caught a lot of fish (sheapshead) on the oil rigs if any are left