MLB

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The goat is dead and being served up! The long suffering Cubs fans can finally exhale.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
52 years in the waiting. Heart rate is slowly coming down.

CONRATULATIONS 2016 CHICAGO CUBS

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
My utmost Respect also to the Cleveland Indians they are a class act! Let's look for a replay next year!

cribber

Lieutenant
I did my best to stay up and watch the game but fell asleep on the couch... I'm good with the Cubs breaking their 108 year drought!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Who would have thunk it being down 3 - 1. Apparently, Slim stuck around until the end...... Good job, Cubbies!

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade
They can also join the group of only 7 that came back from 1-3 to win world series

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
While watching game 4 and the Cubbies were getting womped I was ready to turn off the TV. I thought they were done. My wife who's a White Sox fan scolded me and said not to be a fair weather fan. I tried to explain to her then that I couldn't bare to watch them go down after the season they'd had. She ribbed me some more and told me to keep the faith, it isn't over Yet. I had my doubts.

I continued to watch, most of the time with the TV sound muted. I'm glad I did. So many records tied or broken in this WS that all I can say is Wow!

Congratulations to both teams, they put on a very good show right up til the end.

Volphin

Lieutenant
That was an awesome game! My teams didn't make it, but happy for all the Cubs fans!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
A great series, with two classy and respectable teams... I'm very glad the Cubbies won, but the Indians have nothing to hang their heads about. They played a great series and took the last game to extra innings. No shame in this loss, and they'll be back, I think, in the coming years.