Mississippi Highway question

Twidget

Commander
Does anyone know if the highways other than I10 into Gulfport are open? <br /><br />I have relatives trapped in Gulfport and was thinking of driving down with a bunch of Gerry Cans full of gas to get them out.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Mississippi Highway question

I10 and I12 are closed at Baton Rouge according to the travel advisory signs here in Houston.<br /><br />Ken

Twidget

Commander

Thanks Ken. I was thinking of maybe I20 to Jackson, then 49 south to gulfport.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Twidget.. Stay put, and wait for your relatives to contact you..... easier said than done, I know... :( <br /><br />There's a 100% chance that you would'nt be able to get anywhere near Gulfport right now... Maybe not for weeks... <br /><br /> Law enforcement is very strict.. No local ID, no entry....<br /><br />Out after kerfew.. The fuzz will arrest you and put you up in a lovely jail cell for the night.. No if's, and's, or but's......<br /><br />I suspect that the National Guard and/or other agencies will start moving people out of the area to shelters and such, soon... Then you might be able to go get them..<br /><br />I hope you hear from them soon, and I hope they are ok, Twidget... :)

Twidget

Commander

Thanks Snapper. <br /><br />We got a few minutes in on a cell phone from them tonight. They are all at the younger brother in laws house. No power or water. For some reason no one thought far enough ahead to fill at least one vehicles gas tank. :eek: Sorta makes me wonder....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Good.. Good... Glad you heard from them.... :) <br /><br />I hope they have plenty of bottled water and can food, and a grill or something to heat up eats on...... :cool:

ehenry

Commander

Emergency personell only in to the area. You will not be allowed in even if you have property. Its all over the news and radio....do not try to go in. THere no reason for you to even try at this point.