missing piece on 9.9HP U.S Marine

jjohnson_714

Cadet
Hi, I have a 9.9 HP U.S. Marine engine, and it is missing the link from the tiller rod to the fuel control (I think that's what it is). Anyways the motor model # is a 92F5B and here is a picture too.

a010.jpg

So anyways I cannot find where to get the part anywhere. I could fabricate one, if I knew what it even looked like. So any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: missing piece on 9.9HP U.S Marine

It is a Force (formerly Chrysler 66-84)motor,85 probably not likely to find that part unless from a recycler.like maybe Twin cities. You might check ebay for a parts motor or someone that seems to specialize in Force/Chrysler parts.Just check feedback carefully.Some Merc dealers have Force parts.Don't know if that includes the small motors.If its just operating the throttle plate try fabricating one just be sure it opens and closes all the way.
Experiment with the length then refine the design.Coat hanger wire maybe.
Though probably as hard to find as your part.
Did you know you could gas weld with a piece of coat hanger wire?
Probably nobody gas welds any more.Sorry;guess I jumped the track a little

jjohnson_714

Cadet

I never thought about using a coat hanger. I gave it a try and it works perfect. Thanks much!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Great. I'm a little surprised you could find one.They seem to be getting scarce around here.
Maybe the dry cleaners still use them.We don't do any dry cleaning.