Missing bolt behind motor

Boatbuyingloser

Seaman Apprentice
I’ve been having issues with my 5.7 and while I was looking behind the motor, I noticed a bolt was missing from what I’m assuming is a water line. I’m wondering if this would’ve happened when my mechanic replaced the bellows earlier this season. The other bolt and hose clamp looks pretty new.

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i would be working out a way to get a replacement screw in there, if the ear that's still got a bolt breaks it will sink your boat when that pipe pops off.

hopefully for your sake it has not got a broken bolt in the hole , its a motor out fix it it has.

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If I am seeing what I think I am seeing, that bolt holds in the packing for the thru-hull raw water pipe from your water pump in the lower leg to the engine. You do NOT want this connection to fail, so yes, you want to get a replacement bolt in there ASAP

Boatbuyingloser

Seaman Apprentice
hopefully for your sake it has not got a broken bolt in the hole , its a motor out fix it it has.
Well damn, the last owner had a jasper rebuild put in 3+ years ago so I wonder if it happened during that process. I’ve had the boat for a year myself, lucky it hasn’t gone yet.. yikes

Boatbuyingloser

Seaman Apprentice
If I am seeing what I think I am seeing, that bolt holds in the packing for the thru-hull raw water pipe from your water pump in the lower leg to the engine. You do NOT want this connection to fail, so yes, you want to get a replacement bolt in there ASAP
Yep.. definitely gonna get this thing fixed asap, I don’t think my bilge would handle that amount of water coming in haha

Boatbuyingloser

Seaman Apprentice
no need to touch that when replacing bellows
What about the driveshaft? I remember them telling me it was groved, so they replaced it and a couple seals where gear oil was leaking.

Sorry I should have added that info in my original question but I forgot about it

04fxdwgi25

Chief Petty Officer
I would say he is pretty lucky the boat hasn't sunk yet. But should have noticed excess water in the bilge.
Can see where it has been leaking a considerable amount of water.

Also, with air leak there, the Bravo raw water pump may have a tough time pulling a good suction, causing cooling problems, too.