Missed out BIG TIME!!

ehenry

Commander
Found out this weekend that the brother in law ordered a new Ranger bass rig. He had been looking at another boat that a guy was storing at the BIL's warehouse. The main reason he didnt like the used boat was that it was red and had a Mercury engine on it. He doesn't really dislike Merc's, he just wants a personal friend, who's a OMC/Yamaha mechanic to do all the maintenance work on the boat. Reason for the post is my sister told me that had the BIL bought the used boat with the Merc on it he was going to GIVE me his old boat which was a 93 HydraSport 150 with a 93 model Evinrude 150 on it. <br /><br />DADBURNIT ! ! ! Why couldnt the used boat have been blue, silver, green , brown, yellow, purple, ANYTHING but RED. :( :mad: :( :confused: Just my luck. On the other side of the coin though....with gas the way it is I'm just as happy with my 14ft 25hp jon boat. I'll be doin it way cheaper than he will this year. :cool:

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Missed out BIG TIME!!

Well E.F. I feel for ya.<br /><br />You can look at it this way.... freebies from family always seem to come with strings attached. At least that's been my experience.

ehenry

Commander

I hear ya Kagee....he's given me a couple things before and the strings broke fairly easily. He's the type that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Well E.F. I feel for ya.<br /><br />You can look at it this way.... freebies from family always seem to come with strings attached. At least that's been my experience.
Anytime I hear free from a family member, I begin calculating the net cost of FREE. A deal I will REFUUZE!