Misc. Musings

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Have you ever written, what you thought, was a really, really, great reply to a thread. Then perused the thread before you posted and realized what you had written really didn’t have anything to do with the thread topic?<br /><br />Or, have you ever written, what you thought, was a really, really, great reply to a thread, and then decided it was best to forget it, hit the “Back” button and go on to the next thread. I’ve done that A LOT.<br /><br />Or have you ever had to do the household chores when your wife was ill and realized that it’s impossible for a mortal to fold a fitted sheet? Or when you extended your arms with the flat sheet in hand to fold it, you suddenly realized the ceiling fan was on and within your reach?<br /><br />Just random musings for today.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Misc. Musings

Yes, Yes, No, she can do them when she feels better. :D <br /><br />Ken

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

It would really depend on what state my finances were in at the time.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> ...she can do them when she feels better.
Problem with that is, she is never going to feel better, only worse.<br /><br />nuff said

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yes to number one. That's when I realize I was in my own little world. Yes, to number two, and I know I have deleted some of my best work . . . <br /><br />Yes to number three, there has got to be a way, but I am too short to reach the ceiling fan.<br /><br />Have you ever pondered how long it would take a steady stream of tap water to dissolve baked on barbecue sauce from a pan? Just seems like it would be better than scrubbing.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also; yes, yes (post count would be in the k's) and yes! Wife fell off a horse in spring of 04, broke 6 ribs. Just got up and around, July, and fell off her bike - broke arm and ankle on same side! Guess who was nurse, domestic laborer and cook! <br /><br />She has a progressive nerve disease that will but her in a wheelchair down the road; for now anything with 4 legs or 2 wheels is off limits. SO, BB, I'm in there with on all three counts!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I just did #2 then posted this.<br /><br /> #2 as in BBs opening post for this thread for those who thought otherwise ;)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br />Or have you ever had to do the household chores when your wife was ill and realized that it’s impossible for a mortal to fold a fitted sheet?
OK... THANK YOU for posting this. I agree 100% I hate folding fitted sheets.<br /><br />Sean

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> I just did #2 then posted this.
That's just plain gross and more info than any of care to know! :D ;) :p <br /><br />To answer BB, Yes, Yes, and Yes.

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

I do the "back" button deal all the time. I'll get going on a rant and then realize just how futile it is and then zap it. <br /><br />It's even worse when you type up a great diatribe and then accidentally hit the back button and your cookies aren't on. DOH!!!<br /><br />UFM82

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have discovered that persons under 5'4" can fold any fitted sheet, even king size.<br /><br />If you are over 5'4", forget it.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Darn, I had a great response to JB about short people folding sheets, but I forgot it. I'm sure I'll remember it...about 4 AM while lying in bed...

PW2

Commander

My daughter, when she visits, and I always have this exact conversation:<br /><br />"What are you doing,dad?"<br /><br />"Folding my clothes"<br /><br />"Hmm... It looks to me like you are wadding them"

8580edwardo

Recruit

I cut and pasted this after reading <br />Does anyone know what this means?<br /><br /><br />I'm paraphrasing; I tried to find a transcript of the actual question and answer, but didn't have any luck. Still, that was the gist of it, and in my mind that position has been strengthened by occasional Rush statments that violate logic yet deliver messages that his core constituancy want to hear (symbolic logic, a discipline within mathematics that studies formal systems in relation to the way they encode intuitive concepts of proof and computation as part of the foundations of mathematics. It is a purely objective discipline comprised of those parts of logic that can be modelled mathematically<br /><br />This person must get paid by the word..<br /><br />OR.....<br /><br />In the words of Michael Savage<br />LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER<br /><br />The thing I like about Rush is..<br /><br />He reads "ALL" the news of the day<br />And just tells us what he thinks