Miracle in the Upper Midwest

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
I just got back from my kids' Christmas Concert. They go to public school and they had an honest to goodness Christmas concert. There weren't any hymns, but half of the songs had to do with Jesus. Imagine that! Singing about Jesus. In a public school. With a Christmas tree of all things, right up there in front of God and everybody. Not a picket sign in sight and no letters to the editor in the local paper. White kids, black kids, hispanic kids, even middle eastern kids. What is this world coming to? It's SENSES???<br /><br />Don't tell anybody. ;) I wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Miracle in the Upper Midwest

36.gif
<br />Nice.....Good post.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I am so glad to hear that!<br /><br />I swear this whole politically correct crap is going to backfire big time eventually. <br /><br />The problem as I see it is the few folks who complain about religion in Christmas have nothing better to do with their time, and lots of free time on their hands. Unfortunatelly, the people they are sticking it to (us) are very busy people with families to run and lives to live. So it is a problem taking time away from something important to fight back.<br /><br />There will be backlash. <br /><br />Regarding the no Christian and/or no religious songs at the "Holiday/Winter Concert", I have started telling every parent I know that if their school system pulls that crap they are to:<br /><br />1) Always refer to the event as the "Christmas Concert, Christmas Break, Christmas Show". Even if instructed not to.<br /><br />2) Participate in the setup and decoration of the school auditorium or what ever facility is used as if nothing is bothering you. Do not tell your kids about your plan (3) until the night of the show.<br /><br />3) Tell all the parents they know NOT TO SHOW UP FOR THE CONCERT. DO NOT SEND YOUR KID TO PERFORM. <br /><br />That should tell the school administration something. Let the school spend the bucks on heating and janitorial overtime for a no-show concert.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

it's the same here willy... it's christmas break<br />and a christmas party on last day of school.<br /><br />IMO, the only reason people would sue a school<br />over this is because they are looking for a way<br />to make a quick buck, not that "christmas" really<br />bothers them at all.

KaGee

Admiral

Cheers to the school and the teachers!

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

This should be in good news. It's nice to finally hear a story about a school that hasn't been affected by extremists!

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Thats because its the midwest...good people!

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

"it's christmas break<br />and a christmas party on last day of school."<br /><br />I remember those! I wasn't even a Christian then, and those were GREAT!...sl<br /><br />"Thats because its the midwest...good people!"<br /><br />When you stop and think how they got there, (to the mid west) and eeeked a living for a couple of centurys, you can see WHY there the way they are!...sl