Minutemen move North

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Border Group Focus May Shift to Canada <br />2:18 am PST, 28 April 2005 <br /><br />A civilian border group that has monitored illegal immigration along the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona this month says it may now focus efforts on the Canadian border.<br /><br />Founders and leaders of "The Minuteman Project" said their volunteers alerted federal Border Patrol officials to more than 330 cases of illegal immigration along a 23-mile stretch of Arizona border.<br /><br />Now, leaders say they want to expand their patrols to encompass the entire U.S.-Mexico border, as well as organize efforts to patrol the border with Canada.<br /><br />"In the absence of the federal government doing its mandated duty to secure our borders, we will pick up the slack. Reluctantly," said Chris Simcox, a Minuteman co-organizer and founder of another civilian group, Civil Homeland Defense.<br /><br />"We shouldn't have to be doing this," Simcox told reporters in Washington, where he is planning to meet with lawmakers to discuss the issue. "But at this point, we will continue to grow this operation - also to the northern border."<br /><br />He said the group was trying to organize patrols in four of north-northwestern states that border Canada: Idaho, Michigan, North Dakota and Vermont. But he gave no timetable.<br /><br />Simcox also said the Minutemen were trying to organize new patrols near San Diego by June, and the rest of the southwestern border by the end of the year.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Minutemen move North

Ken as a resident of Michigan I wonder if they are going to have a navy to patrol our border with Canada or haven't checked a map :confused: ;) :p :D Just a pun I belive if we don't defend ourselves, no one will---Bob

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's a shame that citizens have to do this(for what we pay in taxes), but it needs to be done. Thank you to the Minutemen!

PW2

Commander

It's hassle enough already crossing the international bridge here, and now they are talking about new rules requiring a passport, which has the local merchants that count on international business in a worried frenzy.<br /><br />What exactly is the percieved threat from the north? I am curious.<br /><br />This vigilante group ought to be carefully watched, and jailed at every opportunity.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

What exactly is the percieved threat from the north? I am curious.<br />
Other than the French Canadians.... (Joke)<br /><br />Have you been under a rock for the last 3.5 years? We're not afraid of the canadians, it's the possibility, the real possibility, of terrorist groups using the norther or southern borders to gain access to the country to do god knows what. <br /><br />
This vigilante group ought to be carefully watched, and jailed at every opportunity.
Yeah, you're right, tell them to all go home and just let whoever wants to get in, get in. <br /><br />They have reported 330 cases of activity which they caught, meaning that this is 330 instances of people who would have gotten into the country illegally if they had not stopped them and reported the incident. Hell half of them probably got in anyway. Only takes one of them to be an extremist willing to die to take out a few of us American scum to make a 'point'.<br /><br />Some people confuse me. I guess maybe, living in MI, and seeing things only on TV gives you a different perspective on it than it does to people like me who saw the towers fall in NY with my own eyes. I don't know how else to explain it. I lived in northern NJ all my life up until 2 months ago. Saw the two towers all my life. Saw them fall. Then saw the 'empty' skyline. It left a mark on me that will never go away, and that is nothing compared to what those that lost someone deals with.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would rather be hasseled at a border crossing than not having a border to cross. But then, I don't have a desire to go traveling to other countries. I still have much to see in the US.<br /><br />3 weeks ago a Ford Expidition with California plates was stopped in Cleveland. It had 15 illegals in it. It makes me wonder how that vehicle made it so far without being noticed. <br /><br />I can't see calling the Minuetmen vigilante's since they are not killing anyone. They are just being the eyes and ears we need to help our authorities do their job.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,......... You should crawl back into your Liberal Dream World , Plywoody..........<br /><br />2,.. 3,.. Maybe 4 times a Year, the Feds manage to intercept a boatload of Illegals crossing the River up here.....<br />Orientals,...... Arabs,.....Whatever......<br /><br />Canada allows AnyBody into Their Country,.....<br />Then they just slip over the River, or cross up at the Indian Reservation.........<br /><br />Ayuh,.... You just sit there in Your Dream World,+ the Rest of Us will Try to Keep You Safe..........<br />Don't let those Rose Colored Glasses fall off the end of Your Nose.......<br />I'll be up here Watching the North Coast................... :mad: <br /><br /><br />BTW,.... I Never Knew that Vermont was a North western State......... :rolleyes: