Minnkota copilot wiring question

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I don't know how many electrical wizards are out here, but here is my question.

I have a minnkota trolling motor auto pilot with the flat or oblong plug, I got a copilot the other day that is designed for the round plug. I have two foot pedals for my flat plug one, my question is has anyone cut the plug off and wired the flat plug in place of the round one? I looked at the wires, they both use 7 wires and pins, all the wires are the same color from the copilot to my trolling motor except for one. The one wire on the copilot is blue and my trolling motor plug is white.

I looked at my bro in laws copilot which has the flat plug and his also has a white wire. So there is a difference in one damn wires color between the round plug copilot and the flat plug one.

So has anyone swapped the round plug to the flat plug and the biggest question is does it work!!!

I called Minnkota yesteday and before I could even finish asking tech support my question he stopped me and said nope it won't work. So I am wondering if he is just saying that to get me to buy a new one of it he is actually right?

Can anyone help me out on this?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Minnkota copilot wiring question

You are dealiing with an analog (old system) vs digital (new system). They simply do not know each other.

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Minnkota copilot wiring question

Ok that answers my question. I will see if I can get the round V2 plug one sold and buy the flat plug V1.

Thanks for the help. I didn't want to cut this thing apart without knowing first. Now I know to sell and buy the right one :)