MinnKota Classic 65 for my Sevylor HF 250

Classic 65

Recruit
I'm new here, and not sure where to post this.

I was given an older (somewhere between 1985 - 1995, no papers/documentation) Minn Kota 65 Classic trolling motor and want to use it on my Sevylor HF 250. However, the motor's FWD/OFF/REV rocker switch needs replaced, and I don't think Minn Kota carries that particular switch any more (I can't find it on any website related to MK). Can anyone suggest a suitable substitute switch?

duckland23

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: MinnKota Classic 65 for my Sevylor HF 250

Find someone that can replce it with the new style switch . I had it done from a guy in west alis , wisconsin . about 5 years ago . Most dealers for minn kota wont do it . But it can be done . The man fitted mine but I sold the motor . So the curent switch will work . You can find the replacement switch on ebay for 15.00 . You may also if your brave . Take the switch apart and clean the contacts in it . Its dirty thats why its not working . You need to get wiring info for changing the switch for the new style . Thats how that man did it on mine . But if I remember it only had 3 forward speeds with the new switch , I cant remember . Also I read on the internet how someone cleaned the switch and it worked . if you take the switchapart and clean the contacts in it . you need ad some grease to the contacts to hold it together . there's a way to remove the rivets and carefully cut the plastic to get it apart .

Classic 65

Recruit
Re: MinnKota Classic 65 for my Sevylor HF 250

Thanks, I found a suitable $15 switch online and replaced it myself. Works great now. Appreciate your help.