miller 28 1974 built in canada

saltyskin

Recruit
is there anyone out there familiar, either remotely or intimately, with a miller 28' sailboat that was supposedly built in canada in 1974 with 12hp yanmar engine? i spotted one on the hard and now, am contemplating of acquiring it. any opinion with regard to price and integrity of construction ? inputs are appreciated.<br /><br />salty skin

tommays

Admiral
Re: miller 28 1974 built in canada

MILLER 28 SLOOP<br />Beautiful, rugged, Miller 28 sloop for sale. Very maneuverable and fun to sail. Standing room below decks, full marine head with Lectrasan, large galley with three burner propane stove, hot and cold pressure water, ice box, Standard Horizon 170c GPS Chart plotter along with lots of instruments in the cockpit, VHF marine radio, can sleep 5. Just revarnished the exterior brightwork. Located on Bainbridge Island, just 30 minutes from Seattle. Asking $17,500. <br /><br />here is on for sale to give you something to compare to<br /><br />a good marine survey is a must lots to be bad at that age<br /><br />tommays

1st Mate

Recruit
Re: miller 28 1974 built in canada

Hi, I have one as well. It was built on Bainbridge and in Kirkland by the Miller/Buchan families that married. 8 were built. Mine is in John Wayne and for sale as well..just a fyi on Miller Hulls...I bought it from the origional owner and met 2 guys, one on Whidbey that worked on them and one here in the Port Townsend boat yard as well. Great little yacht. Miller made racing hulls, but the Buchan he married wanted a cruising boat. Bruce Hedrick at NWYachting Mag. sales director sold her to me, a friend of his family. Moved her from Shillshole to JW and about to move her to PT. Mine has a fireplace, does yours? If you get nibbles you don't want, please refer them. 1st Mate thanking you in advance, and I will do the same.