mikeyzx2 HELP!!!

mjash

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mikey,<br /><br />I know you got the same motor as mine...Could you please tell me with throttle fully advanced approximately how much tension it takes to pull the timing advance lever off the stop. Mine comes up about 2 inches shy of the stop...unless I assist it.<br /><br />Thanks

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: mikeyzx2 HELP!!!

I'm going out to fool with boat in a few Mark, so I'll plink around with it and see. So yours isn't fully advancing? Is the throttle cable adjusted right?

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer

Alright this is what I come up with: I opened the throttle up all the way and and with one finger I could push it back, like it was on a light spring. Still can't get the damn coils on mine to fire after cleaning up all the grounds, I'm getting a little frustrated now...

mjash

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My throttle is advancing all the way...need to take that cam apart and clean and re grease it. I was having the same ignition problem. A guy near me sells used parts. I got a powerpack, Stator, timerbase and carb kits for $150. I just replace everything, rebuilt the carbs(unbelievably easy) and did a decarb with seafoam. Ran great except for that timing issue. I was just getting tired of taking her out, only to run like crap. Plus now, I got all these extra parts.<br /><br />What have you done so far?<br /><br />1 Replace coils.<br />2 Coils sensers 8 ohms<br />3 charging coil ~650 ohms<br />4 power pack<br /><br />Are you sure you have spark...what cylinders are not sparking. Could it be clogged carbs. You have probably been through all this ...as I have. If I can hep let me know. I am pretty sure it was my powerpack that was bad...I am scared to put the old one on again for fear it might break something else.

mjash

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mikey,<br /><br />Just got done reading some of your other post. Was pretty much the same problem I was having. Iam pretty sure it is the powerpack...If not, look at it this way, you'll have an extra.

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer

I've put new coils on, I haven't ohmed the other stuff yet, I gotta steal my dad's voltmeter I don't have one over here. The powerpack and other stuff is the last thing I want to have to swap out. I just think it's a bad ground somewhere but I can't imagine where cause it worked before changing the coils and that's all I did