Mikey in hospital

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Updated: 12:16 p.m. ET Feb. 15, 2005SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital emergency room Tuesday, the judge in the singer’s molestation trial said. The development delayed jury selection.<br /><br />Jackson was driven to a hospital instead of to court, where jury selection is supposed to resume at his child molestation trial.<br /><br />According to NBC News, Jackson will be admitted. Jackson's attorney, Thomas Mesereau, told NBC's Mike Taibbi that Jackson is "very, very ill."<br /><br />Judge Rodney Melville told prospective jurors that Jackson was on his way to court when he was taken to the hospital instead. Melville did not give any details about the illness and said he was awaiting word on Jackson’s condition before deciding whether jury selection would resume.<br /><br />Jackson reportedly was ill Monday and his condition worsening on the way to court Tuesday morning.<br /><br />The judge made the announcement 15 minutes after Jackson was scheduled to appear in court at 8:30 a.m. The nature of Jackson's illness is unknown.

ob

Admiral
Re: Mikey in hospital

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Jackson's attorney, Thomas Mesereau, told NBC's Mike Taibbi that Jackson is "very, very ill."
:D I thought that had already been established.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

He probably just got a little upset tummy knowing that he could end up in jail, and have to leave never-never land.

ob

Admiral

Was he taken to a childrens hospital? :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Me thinks Mark is onto something here.<br />Me thinks Mikey don't like the idea of this jury trial and he is just stalling.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Updated: 12:56 p.m. ET Feb. 15, 2005SANTA MARIA, Calif. <br /><br />Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital Tuesday and was admitted with a severe case of the flu, according to NBC News.<br /><br />Judge Rodney Melville suspended jury selection until Feb. 22 to give the singer time to recuperate from his illness. <br /><br />Jackson was on his way to court when he was taken to the hospital emergency room instead. Jackson's attorney, Thomas Mesereau, told NBC's Mike Taibbi that Jackson is "very, very ill." Jackson reportedly was ill Monday and his condition worsening on the way to court Tuesday morning.<br /><br />On Monday, questioning of jurors got under way, and Jackson’s lawyers announced they may call Elizabeth Taylor, Jay Leno, Quincy Jones and Kobe Bryant to the witness stand.<br /><br />The list of possible witnesses sounded like coming attractions for a major Hollywood spectacle. But Melville dimmed that prospect, saying not all of the celebrities would necessarily testify.<br /><br />Attorneys are in the process of selecting 12 jurors and eight alternates who will decide whether Jackson molested a teenage cancer patient at his Neverland Ranch and plied the youth with alcohol.<br /><br />During Monday’s proceedings, Jackson smiled and nodded at potential jurors. At one point he picked roughly at a fingernail, and later wrapped it in a napkin.<br /><br />Names of defense and prosecution witnesses were revealed to prospective jurors Monday so attorneys could find out if any of the more than 240 members of the pool had associations that may be important in jury selection.

KaGee

Admiral

143511.jpg

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I heard the cause if his illness was either morning sickness or a miscarrage. :confused: <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hospitalized for the FLU? are you kidding. I know people who still work with the FLU! What happened to the umbrella and glove protection? Mmmmmmmm, if the glove don't fit........you must aquit.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Oh, the plot thickens. This just in.<br />________________________________________________<br />* A California cop who moonlighted as a Neverland Ranch security guard told of seeing a written directive ordering that the accuser not be allowed to leave the 2800-acre property. The directive, posted in the estate's security office, came during the period in which investigators allege the boy and his family were imprisoned at Jackson's estate.<br />________________________________________________<br />* An ex-bodyguard who testified that his job was to shadow Jackson 24 hours a day, said that one afternoon he discovered the teenage accuser drunk. When he confronted the boy and told him he should not be imbibing, the child replied, "Well, I can handle it. Michael said if I can handle it, it's okay. It's part of being a man." Jackson has been charged with four felony counts of providing booze to the accuser, a cancer survivor who lost his spleen and a kidney to the disease.<br />________________________________________________<br />* Jackson's former house manager testified that the accuser and his family were held against their will at Neverland and that two of the singer's top aides told him that the boy's mother "wasn't allowed to leave the property." He also noted that the alleged victim and his brother, then 11, slept almost every night with Jackson in the singer's bedroom.<br /><br />And it get's better.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Oh leave Mike alone<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />^<br />As he hangs from a rope!

Laddies

Banned

He is not ill he is sick, it would save us alot of money if someone would put him in the ground

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

poor mikey<br /> he has been tried and convicted in the court of Iboats with no facts proven :) :) . however yall have my vote to convict but lets wait and see if we get any facts before actually rigging the gallows :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

rodbolt, my above statements comes from the sealed documents from the Grand Jury that handed down the indictment.<br /><br />Pretty cut and dry to me.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

a grand jury is not a trail. it has no cross examination. so it cant be cut and dried until the judge bangs the gavel. would not be the first time a grand jury was dead wrong. in fact there have been a few convicts "smoked" and after death the grand jury,jury,prosecution and trial judge found out they were wrong, I dont trust just a grandjury cause there is no defense.<br />but I could not be on the jury cause I already think he is guilty. however I hope he gets a fair trial before the hanging.