Might have thrown away my remote oil filter setup....

FluffyChicken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So....... When draining my old milkshake block I remember placing the remote oil setup on my garbage can to drain the goop out.. Im about 99.9% certain at this point it slowly got covered with oily towels and whatnot and I took it out with yesterdays trash. I had also thrown away the oil cooler setup from my "new" block so I probably paid no attention to the fact there were random hose shaped objects in there. I'm extremely irritated to say the least. Question is this. Since I plan on swapping the motor out next spring anyway. Can I run a "normal" setup like I have pictured. Will the Volvo filter work or do I need an actually pickup truck filter? Filter oring/gasket seems fine but there's definitely room for a bit wider filter if needbe. Second, anyone have any other ideas? I see there are aftermarket setups out there. The volvo one Im sure is probably some outrageous amount.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-1321.jpg
    IMG-1321.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-1322.jpg
    IMG-1322.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

kenny nunez

Captain
I see no reason why it would not work. Most standard marine engines did not come with oil coolers. The remote set up is good for relocating the oil filter for ease of service and less mess when changing the oil.

FluffyChicken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I hope to maybe be able to reach the filter on the block. Well see. When i build the 5.7 this winter i will definitely add the remote back in.