Middle East - The media war

lundboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I couldn't be more proud of our troops over there and the brass that put that election plan together.<br /><br />I only wish the media in the Middle East protrayed the truth, because it is frightening to see that no matter how great our troops do over there, they are being undercut by the media leaders of the region.<br /><br />I encourge you all to bookmark the following link to compare what we hear on our networks vs. what is being said on that side of the globe.<br /><br /> http://english.aljazeera.net <br /><br />This is the most popular media outlet in the region. I check it occassionally to see how they are reporting things. For example, on the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz the only story they ran on the issue that I could find was one about a boycott of "Holocaust day".<br /><br />I just hope that these people get Cable / Satellite TV so they can be exposed to the truth. It's little wonder that there is so much anti-American / Anti-Semetic views in the region.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Middle East - The media war

Cool thanks, I did some reading and read an article by Sandy Shanks of California. I am not impressed with it at all. There are definetly conflicting stories of theirs and ours. <br /><br />I'll be glad when boating season is here and the news won't be. It's just too depressing anymore. :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea I'm just about ready to go south and see snapperbait so he can put me on some of them peacockbass.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Reading Aljezeerah was like reading an anti american version of Rush Limbaugh

rogerwa

Commander

You mean like Air America?? Haha.<br /><br />Al Jazeera was booted out of Iraq if you remember.