mexico

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
Been thinking about our problems with Mexico. Been there many times, I believe that the country has huge potential for growth and fixing problems of their own.<br /><br />What they need is a huge dose of capitalism, fix their crazy real estate laws (the private ownership of land is a huge problem they have), and I think their problems would start to disappear.<br /><br />How to do this is is either invade them, fix thier government, and turn back over, or some how covertly do it. I don't think it will ever happen on its own. <br /><br />Some of this I say tounge in cheek, but some I'm quite serious about. They need to stay in their country, but have the incentive to stay there, make $$ and they themselves can provide the standard of living there that so many of them come here for.<br /><br />Fox is not the guy with the power to do it, and he is probably on the take big time anyway and wants to keep it that way.<br /><br />Spud

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: mexico

They call that Nation Building and the Libs hate it because it adds credibility to a system that they deplore. We did it in Germany, we did it in Japan, but if we were to try it today ( as we are in Iraq) we are Imperialistic and greedy with some self serving ulterior motives.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

If we fixed up Mexico all nice then who would build American cars, do our landscaping and hang drywall?<br /><br />Discover oil there and we'd be jumping right in though...

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hate to tell ya Calico, but the majority of the oil we use comes from Mexico