Meteor Shower this Week

ob

Admiral
And as luck would have it ,we've got rain and clouds in the forecast through the weekend.Well,they've been wrong before.

LadyFish

Admiral
Meteor Shower this Week

(CNN) -- The annual Leonid meteor shower is set to rain space dust over Earth for the next few days, putting on a show for night skygazers. Astronomers disagree as to when the shower will peak -- some say Wednesday, others Friday.<br /><br />
story2.leonid.gif
<br /><br />Every year at this time, Earth passes through the dusty debris trail of the comet Tempel-Tuttle. As the tiny meteors -- most no bigger than a grain of sand -- hit earth's atmosphere, they burn up in a fiery streak. They are also known as shooting stars. <br /><br /> More.....

NOSLEEP

Commander
Re: Meteor Shower this Week

I love to watch the night sky LadyFish.<br />Thanx for the heads up. :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

reminds me its time to go nightfishing for stripers at the inlet :) :) <br /> nothing better than to catch a few 20+ pound rocks while watching that shower

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Awwww, shuckins! :( <br /><br />We have showers here, but they aren't meteors. <br /><br />Forcast is for more of the same through Wed.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Cool! I'll keep a lookout for it. We're just above the fogline here(2,500 ft. elev.), so weather should be great for it. Thanks for the reminder.

NYMINUTE

Captain

The sky has displayed some excellent shows this season. Northern lights were/are awesome.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yea thanks for the heads up LF .. <br /><br />I suppose you and Mr LF are going to be out on the water star gazing these next few eavenings.. <br /><br />must be nice .. love birds in a boat, warm coastal breezes, fishin' and watching the stars..<br /><br />alright alright alright ... the romance is killing me here.<br /><br />will be a good sight if these clouds move out here.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I was on the road last night and saw some sparks flying. Too cool. :)