Mercury Super 10 KF-7

Vtbassfisher

Recruit
I recently got my hands on an Approx 48-51 mercury super 10 KF-7 does anybody know what the fuel oil mix ratio is i have looked on many sites but i cant seem to find out.

Willyclay

Captain
Re: Mercury Super 10 KF-7

Welcome to the iboats.com forum! The experts here, which I am not, can help you with any question about that great old motor. The factory owner's manual for a KG-7 calls for 12oz. of oil per gallon of fuel. There may be some other info in it that will help you at the link below.

http://boatinfo.no/lib/mercury/manuals/kg7.html#/0

Last edited:

BIGFLAT

Cadet

Thanks for the reminder about the old KG's. Back about '56, I had a KG9...BF

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

I run about 20:1 ratio in my old green tankers.

If the motor is new to you, then it would be a good idea to check the waterpump impeller. You'll need a spanner wrench to check it - it's on the propshaft behind the gearcase cover. Cover is reverse thread (Righty loosey, lefty tighty). Parts available through oldmercs.com

Vtbassfisher

Recruit

All right I will and thanks. I have pulled the motor apart and everything inside is pretty clean the pistons are a little oily but it should run out of it other than that it is pretty clean. Does anybody know what it may be worth it is pretty mint no dents but somebody painted it red.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Does it have the lower cowling? That's a biggie as they are often missing and can cost a few bucks to replace. If it is complete, with cowling, I'd guess it somewhere between $300 and $400 in my part of the world. Other folks in other areas might pay more or less depending how badly they want it... I paid $75 for mine, with cowling, but that was some years back now...

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

$200 sounds about right and is about the max I'd pay for one myself if it was 100% complete...