Mercury 90 3cyl Idle trouble. Carbs flooding?

cjforet03

Recruit
Mercury 90 ELPTO 3 Cyl w/oil injection delete.

Engine will run for approx 5 seconds before fiddling out. Won’t crank at all afterwards. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and the process repeats. Gas is good (drained tank), replaced ball and filter. New fuel lines. Compression is good.

Only thing I can figured is the carbs are flooding out, it just blows my mind they all crapped the bed at the same time. All 3 carbs are leaking fuel out of the front. My knowledge with carbs is minimal. Pic attached.

Ideas?

Attachments

• ECD2AB41-FF6A-49F5-A9D9-1BC8166BB039.png
    ECD2AB41-FF6A-49F5-A9D9-1BC8166BB039.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
Check out my thread. I had a similar problem with my Mercury 90 6 cyl. (1983). When fuel came out the throats and drained into the well of the boat, my mechanic said that's normal when the motor is put in trailering position because of the angle of the motor. I put a whole can of Seafoam in 6 gallons of fuel/oil mix and ran it. After the seafoam sat in the carbs for a week and I ran it again, it seems like it may have cured my problem, but I won't know for sure until I get it on the lake. Mine would idle fine, but wouldn't accept any throttle input, it would just run super rough and not rev.