mercury 25hp NO SPARK

gmctruck

Cadet
Hi, If someone knows anything about the electical stuff on this motor please help. So 3 weeks ago the motor fired up for the first time this year and it ran great. someone gave me a trolling motor a week later and i wanted to see if it worked so i hooked up a pair of jumper cables from the battery connected to the 25hp mercury and tried the trolling motor. A week after that i went to go for a ride in the boat and now i have no spark. Did I short something out by doing this? Is there a way to test any of the electrical components? I dont want to just throw parts at it. the local marina told me for a $100- they would tell me whats wrong with it, but i would rather put that money towards the part. any help would be great guys. thanks Dan

gmctruck

Cadet
Re: mercury 25hp NO SPARK

so i did alittle research and found that the stator was within spec on 1 wire and below on the other. also had read that if the flywheel magnets are loose they can cause bad readings. mine were starting to peel off. i re epoxyed them on and retested the stator and then both wires were below spec so i bought a new stator. I still have no spark. does this mean that my switch box is bad? or is it something else. anyone????