Mercury 150 black max no spark on one side

Jparker92

Recruit
Hello all. I have a mercury 150 black max and I’m having an issue with only having spark on one side. I can replace the front switch box on the side and still get no spark. The side the rear switch box controls I have spark. I’m lost and need help.

Jparker92

Recruit
So put the blue on red and red on blue on both switch boxes ? The inner switch box is the one that’s giving spark. The outer is the one that no matter what I do is no spark. What will switching the colors do ?

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
No take the red/blue ones from front box swap to rear and vice versa

Jparker92

Recruit
Okay so I swapped the red and blue to other switch box and I still have spark on same side and no spark on other. It didn’t swap sides at all. If u are looking at engine facing the spark plugs I have spark on right and not on left. Only way I can get spark on left is if I take wires off the plugs from good side and put them on coils on non sparking side.

Jparker92

Recruit
Why would the spark not move with the switch box ? I swapped them and have no spark at all. I have 2 older switch boxes I bought used and they are same way. No matter what I do I have no spark on one side of engine. Is there anyway I can eliminate one of the switch boxes and go with just one ? I’m new at this