!!!!mercury 1150 Prop Help!!!!!!!!

mwinchel

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1971 mercury 1150 engine. When i bought it it came with a 2 blade prop i want to say this is stock right? What do you guys recommend do you think i should go to a 3 blade and what pitch i know nothing about props. I just think 3 blades sounds better then one. This motor is on a 1971 manattee 15'. With this motor and this light boat i would think that this boat should be a rocket compared to what it does know. This is a tri-haul boat (aka wave beater) any advice would greatly be appreciated. I only payed 400 bucks for the whole package so either way 2 or 3 blade i got a good deal. thanks a bunch for everyones help.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: !!!!mercury 1150 Prop Help!!!!!!!!

What's the urgency? (...all the !!!!!!!s) :)

mr roach

Seaman
Re: !!!!mercury 1150 Prop Help!!!!!!!!

I am no prop expert but i have a early 70's merc 115 with a 3 blade prop on a 18 foot tri hull and with 3 people and equipment in the boat it will get up and go we won't win any drag races but we won't be the last one to the party either. I do not know what the pitch is or anything like that but on my alum. boat with a 10 hp outboard my 2 blade prop does fine i also have a 15 hp twin cylinder kicker motor with a 3 blade prop that will push my tri hull just fine for trolling like i said i'm no expert just a guy with some info that works for me hope you get up and running soon