Mercury 115 Trim..At Speed??

k9ez

Recruit
I just picked up an 18' Sea Ray with a 1972 115 Mercury. So far so good....<br /><br />The trim/tilt works great at idle and low speed, but at high speed, I cant seem to get it to trim up. Does this trim unit allow for trimming at speed? If so what could be going on?<br /><br />Thanks in advance!

D

DJ

Re: Mercury 115 Trim..At Speed??

k9,<br /><br />Yes, if you have the three button trim system.<br /><br />You need to hold the center and up buttons simultainiously.

sharkcat

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a 1971 65hp merc that had power trim the top button trimmed out, the bottom trimmed in,if you pressed the center & the top buttons the motor tilted all the way up for trailering.The center button bypassed the trim limit switch on th center section.Get a manual it should tell you how to troubleshoot your engine.The problem could be low fluid level.The manual will tell you how to check this. :)

k9ez

Recruit

I do hjave the three button trim switch unit. It does work at slow speeds. Guess I need to take a look at the fluid level.<br /><br />The switch does NOT work going up with just the UP switch. I need to push both the center and up button to make the engine tilt up. I thought that was supposed to be the way it works however. Perhaps I am wrong?