Mercury 115 hp Timing marks

etbill52

Seaman
I am trying to time a 1984 Mercury 115 HP O/B. Does anyone know the location of the timing mark on the housing of the motor? If I am standing in the boat there is a mark just to the right side of the front.

Thanks for any help.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury 115 hp Timing marks

That motor has a timing pointer attached to the top cowling support, just to the right of center. You need to make sure it is set correctly.

etbill52

Seaman

That motor has a timing pointer attached to the top cowling support, just to the right of center. You need to make sure it is set correctly.

Thanks you very much. Will let you know if we get it done.:)

etbill52

Seaman

Another question about the timing mark, is the mark a indentation in the cowling support? Just to the right of center there is an opening where something has been, maybe 2" long, it is gone and the mark we are using we are having a lot of trouble. I printed out the sticky "Timing and Syne of Mere Inlines"

Thank for any help.

etbill52

Seaman

Another question about the timing mark, is the mark a indentation in the cowling support? Just to the right of center there is an opening where something has been, maybe 2" long, it is gone and the mark we are using we are having a lot of trouble. I printed out the sticky "Timing and Syne of Mere Inlines"

Thank for any help.

Never mind we got it, the timing pointer was gone, got one set the time everything running ok now.:)