Mercruiser Tilt/Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy627

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 95 Sea Ray 195 b/r with a 4.3. I am having a problem with the tilt/Trim going up. From the shifter it goes down, But will not go back up. If I use the trailer button it goes up. Where can I start to look ?

Jimmy627

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Mercruiser Tilt/Trim

I know I know. I got myself in a world of a MESS. I don't know which is worst the boat with the non running 1/2 missing motor, the tilt not working or THE WIFE NAGGING AT ME for my stupidty about the motor in the First place. WE ALL KNOW WHICH IS WORST. ENOUGH SAID. Chief Thanks again you helped me out so much in the Last 2 days. And I'm sure there will be more Questions to come...LOL

No show

Seaman

I definatly know the feeling check out some of my posts!!!! LOL

sham

Seaman

Most common problem is a bad trim limit switch on the gimbal ring.
Go to the link below for the troubleshooting procedures in detail and with pictures.
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Servmanl/14/14c1.pdf

Old Post I know BUT --- I need help - not know where to go - this link you posted Don ... would it help for mine too? I have a mercruiser 4.3/v-6 Alpha One with the same issue? I would love a "manual" like the one you posted to look at before I take it to the shop - ANYONE??????
Thanks~~~

sham

Seaman

Most common problem is a bad trim limit switch on the gimbal ring.
Go to the link below for the troubleshooting procedures in detail and with pictures.
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Servmanl/14/14c1.pdf
Old Post I know BUT --- I need help - not know where to go - this link you posted Don ... would it help for mine too? I have a mercruiser 4.3/v-6 Alpha One with the same issue? I would love a "manual" like the one you posted to look at before I take it to the shop - ANYONE??????

Status
Not open for further replies.