Mercruiser Bravo 1 Outdrive Aftward Openings

dorchard

Cadet
Hi All,

I was installing a hydrofoil stabilizer on my Bravo 1, when a little plastic plug piece, designed simply to cover the bolt hole, fell into the aftward facing opening on the outdrive, just above the cavitation plate. I am not sure where this passage leads to (gears, water impeller, etc. ), so I don't know if it will be OK to run, or whether I need to take apart the gear casing to get this little piece of plastic out.

Any info would be helpful. Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Thanks,

Dan Orchard

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Mercruiser Bravo 1 Outdrive Aftward Openings

If its in this hole it won't hurt anything. That hole is for access to the bolt holding anode plate on that is located below the cavitation plate.

bravo1drivesmall.jpg

dorchard

Cadet

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I realized that I wasn't exactly specific as to which hole i was talking about, so i have included a picture this time to let you know where. Note: this is just a generic image, not my actual outdrive.

Thanks again,

Dan

203901556_11d2a191d0.jpg

Reel said:
If its in this hole it won't hurt anything. That hole is for access to the bolt holding anode plate on that is located below the cavitation plate.

bravo1drivesmall.jpg

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's an exhaust cavity. You can probably tilt the drive up and remove the prop and find the plug. But it will probably wash out thru the prop if you start the engine on muffs.

dorchard

Cadet

Thanks so much!

Don said:
That's an exhaust cavity. You can probably tilt the drive up and remove the prop and find the plug. But it will probably wash out thru the prop if you start the engine on muffs.