mercruiser alpha 1 gen 2 trim cylinders

bryan65

Seaman
This winter has been rough on my boat. Evidently water got in my hydraulics, and when it froze. cracked both of my cylinders, My question is, I have already put alot of money in the boat this winter buying parts to get it up to par (needed new steering system, and new control handle) and then this happens. a new OEM one costs up to 500 each (I need both so looking at close to 1000 dolloars) and I really can't afford it. Are aftermarket trim cylinders ok. say like from SEI marine, (which is only 120 each) or are they something I should stay away from? it is a 1991 boat with a 3.0 mercruiser. or are their any other suggestions? (both cylinders cracked from one end to the other on the outside of the cylinder.

bryan65

Seaman
not sure wife would go from getting something unless she could see them first. Tried to PM ya but it says disabled.

bryan65

Seaman
the message is gone also. I saw it this morning but did not have time to response, and now it is gone. May have to wait to messaging is turned back on. I will call you as soon as that happens.