Merc control box

Tup

Cadet
Hi guys<br />Where can I find a manual or diagram showing the<br />linkage setup from box to engine? There seems to be very little around on this subject. However I got a few answers on one of your pages. The motor<br />is a 50 Merc 1983 the control box is an early 90's<br />Merc box. <br />This is the best Q & A forum I've seen to date, <br />keep up the good work. Thanks a bunch.<br /><br />Shifter<br />Vancouver infopop homepage

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Merc control box

Should be pretty straight forward.<br /><br />Probably two identical cables.<br /><br />Might have one connection on the controller for throttle, and perhaps one or two (push or pull for forward) connections for the shift cable.<br /><br />At the motor end, have someone work the box with the cables attached while you view which cable will need to attach to which point on the motor.<br /><br />You should be able to notice that the prop ratchets or semi freewheels if turned away from the gear selected rotation.

Tup

Cadet
Re: Merc control box

Thanks Yepblaze<br /><br />I'll give this a try in a day or two (when it stops raining) sounds like the best idea.<br />Shifter