Merc 850 choke plunger assembly

76canaventure

Seaman Apprentice
Hello to all!
First of all I'm new to iboats, and new to Merc's. I have had no exposure to them at all, no bias really, that's just the way it happens to be. Having said that, I couldn't pass up a 76 merc 850 for $100. So, for the last little while I've been re powering my boat with it. (Should be a big improvement over a 60hp Seahorse!) I would like to thank everyone here for all their help over the last 2 months, just trolling this forum and searching have pretty much answered all the questions I've had with this motor. (Sorry, this is getting really long!)

The last problem I have, for now, is that the choke plunger assembly is missing. The solenoid is there, just not the plunger, or linkage. Does anyone know where it is possible to get a replacement? Everywhere I've looked comes up NLA. It's going to be an annoyance to have to remove the cowling and top cover to choke it manually all the time. My serial# is 7082047.

Thanks in advance

Moody Blue

Captain
Re: Merc 850 choke plunger assembly

I think I can help you out there. Check your PM messages.

76canaventure

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Merc 850 choke plunger assembly

Thanks to you both for that, I should have looked around some more. It's ordered, now we wait. No big rush anyway, there's still 2 feet of ice on the water! I ordered a handful of gaskets, as well. Finding parts locally is proving to be a challenge.
Have a great day!