Memorial Day Weekend!

delta breeze

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello all,<br /> I'm new to the dockside chat.I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable weekend.I've enjoyed the forums.I was just curious if there are many houseboaters in here?? See ya at the lake. The Delta Breeze :cool:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Memorial Day Weekend!

MY 5yr. old son calls MY 22' cuddy a "houseboat"<br />if that counts. he just can't wait to sleep on the<br />boat this summer :D

LadyFish

Admiral

I have a boat under my house, does that count? ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I have a boat under my house, does that count? ;)
Can the boat float the house though, that is the question. :p

LadyFish

Admiral

SBN, if our property taxes get any higher we may have to find out. :(

Link

Rear Admiral

delta breeze <br />Thanks and best wishes to you and yours over the weekend also.<br />My boat has a live well... does that count as a FishHouse :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Is this your national Memorial Day to your veterans?<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> Is this your national Memorial Day to your veterans?<br />Cheers<br />Phillip
Veterans that gave the ultimate sacrifice, Phillip.<br /><br />Our "Veterans Day" where we celebrate all vets is in November.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

My house is built out of an old boat. Really. I live in Keyport, NJ and it is/was a good sized port. When the guy I bought my house from built it some 60 or 70 years ago, they used for the main center structural beam, a 4" wide X 12" tall mahogany keel beam from a wrecked ship in one of the boat yards. So even if it's storming outside, or my boat isn't running, I'm still technically on a boat when I'm watching TV in my living room! :)

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Thanks for that site.<br />Here we all gather together, (try to get organised into Units or Campaigns)then march through town to the Returned Svs League , where we have a service.<br />There is normally a Band,a Fly over, vintage Military vehicles in the parade etc.<br />A lot of people turn out to line the streets etc.<br />Do you have something similar?<br />Cheers<br />Phillip