Memorial Day Salute

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well, the holiday weekend is upon us and it's a time to reflect on the people that have served and gave it all for us to be able to do what we are today and I for one would just like to throw out a big salute and a even bigger thank you to those that has made it all possible.<br /><br />Countless men and women have served our armed forces and many did not return. They gave it all.<br /><br />Countless men and women have served and came back missing an arm or a leg or maybe both or all.<br />They gave it all.<br /><br />Countless men and women have served and came back all in one piece.<br />They too, gave it all.<br /><br />To all the people in the military, both past and present, both still with us and those that have passed on, I salute you.<br /><br />I will observe the national moment of silence Monday at 3PM in your honor.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Memorial Day Salute

Can't be enough good said about those who serve.....so the rest of us can enjoy our freedom!!!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

To those that served and are serving, and the families of all.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> To those that served and are serving, and the families of all.
Dittos<br />and thanks Spinner

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

If I can add something more I'd like to add this,SBN. I hope you don't mind me piggy backing your thread. It just seems appropriate:<br /><br />It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, <br />who has given us freedom of religion. <br /><br />It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, <br />who has given us freedom of the press. <br /><br />It is the VETERAN, not the poet, <br />who has given us freedom of speech. <br /><br />It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, <br />who has given us freedom to assemble. <br /><br />It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, <br />who has given us the right to a fair trial. <br /><br />It is the VETERAN, not ! the politician, <br />Who has given us the right to vote.! <br /><br />It is the VETERAN, <br />who salutes the Flag, <br /><br />It is the veteran, <br />who serves under the Flag.<br /><br />Thank you all for making sure my rights are protected. <br />Bassy

aspeck

Staff member

What they all said! My appreciation runs deep for the men and women in our armed services, both past and present, and their families that supported them. God bless you all, and a sincere "THANK-YOU!"

Stratosfied

Ensign

Very Well Stated SBN and Bassy, And I agree 100%. Thank you to all the Vets!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

A hearty salute from this house to all you Vets out there!