media rant

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
in the face of maybe the most profound example<br />of selfless giving and human charity in world<br />history, the press chooses to run more and more<br />negative stories about various problems with US<br />relief efforts...<br />I just don't get it? <br /><br />the liberal media jumps on any attempt to "create"<br />the sense of ill will and failure, why? sure, bad<br />news sells and all points of view are thanfully<br />allowed in this country, but where are the good<br />stories/ pictures?<br /><br />maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see this behavior<br />as being in the best interest of our country.<br /><br />be glad MY ain't prez... I might just sends troops<br />into these traitors and shut them down just like<br />abe lincoln did during the cival war! :p <br /><br />think about all the news about the tsunami u have<br />seen and ask yurself how much had a positive spin?<br /><br />all I've seen is horrid destruction and problems<br />or "possible" problems facing the US led relief<br />efforts.<br /><br />rant over,<br />MY

STEVEHONAS

Cadet
Re: media rant

I would like to know where were all those countries when i needed help for hurricane charlie i lost propity and lost wages no one helped me i got noithin

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Right on, MY.<br /><br />Those RATZAKRATSAS have no sense of news. All they think about is their FORGALOMIC PECALOOMER ratings. :mad: <br /><br />Pergaklosicpep!!

KaGee

Admiral

On this we agree MY.<br /><br />I gotta learn to swear like that JB! Would like to see some persons face as I give 'em the TEN LETTER WORD!

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Right on, MY.<br /><br />Those RATZAKRATSAS have no sense of news. All they think about is their FORGALOMIC PECALOOMER ratings. :mad: <br /><br />Pergaklosicpep!!
Which begs the question.<br /><br />Where do all of these great ratings come from?Within?

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Right on, MY.<br /><br />Those RATZAKRATSAS have no sense of news. All they think about is their FORGALOMIC PECALOOMER ratings. :mad: <br /><br />Pergaklosicpep!!
I don't mean to laugh at you JB, but that was just downright HILARIUS!!!<br /><br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

Agreed here too MY, the media in this country has taken advantage of everything, and anything to get their view seen and heard. Even our local media here in the great metropolis of Fort Pain err Wayne has adopted a political stand for each story they run. If the constitution forced the media to report the facts only, wow....the truth? NOT

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

it's not the fact that this "radical" point of view<br />gets heard, I am all for free speech...<br />what really bothers me is many folks see this crud<br />on TV and consider it gospel.<br /><br />man we need to spend more on education in this<br />country!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Guys, they are stirring up controversy cause that is what the "sheeple" like.<br /><br />Too many "sheeple" in the world.<br /><br />Ken

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Look at it this way:<br /><br />You own a business. You have 1 email sent to you at the end of every night. Which would you rather see in that email:<br /><br />1) a listing of every process that went off without a hitch<br /><br />2) a listing of the processes where there was a problem<br /><br />People as a whole need to know more about whats going wrong than whats going right. When things go right, there is no urgency, because there is no issue. But when things go wrong, people need to know so the issue can be addressed. Sadly, the news networks have figured this out. More people are concerned about the wrongs of the world than they are about the right, and that equals ratings.

Twidget

Commander

I couldnt agree more about the media. They live in a very dark, depressing world.<br /><br />
man we need to spend more on education in this<br />country!
I think this is a common misconception. My wife is a teacher and her problem is more discipline/self responsibility related. IMHO, they need to teach the kids more about the 3R's than spending time checking to see how they feel about learning the 3R's.