McDonald's coffee burn case

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I had to post this. This case is often referenced by a lot of people including myself on how the legal system does not work. While I still hold judgment on that and this case, here is a link that tells the specifics of why the case was won by the plaintiff. Be your own judge.<br /><br /> McDonald's coffee case

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: McDonald's coffee burn case

Hi Scoop, fascinating story, thanks. I can't wait to hear MickyDees defense for the customers who unwittingly got fat eating all those macs and fries, what were they thinking? Many years ago Weight Watchers had a slogan, "don't dig your grave with your fork."

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And to think they post a sign that says <br />"Hot beverages are served hot" :D

D

DJ

It seems that the word "accident" should heretofor be stricken from the english language.

adrew

Seaman Apprentice

i did read in the local paper a month ago about mcdonalds being sued for causing obesity, i couldn't believe it. anyone heard how that turned out?

sloopy

Commander

HEY YOU OUT OF THE GENE POOL!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Perhaps Mc Donalds should also be done for - <br />1. Providing a convienance for people to go to the toilet, midway through a drive.<br />2. Stopping people from shopping all day by providing them with breakfast, lunch and dinner.<br />3. Wasting fuel by providing a drive through facility.<br />4. Keeping children away from universities by providing them with employment.<br />5. Wasteful utilisation of older age citizens by providing them with free coffee and re-fils.<br />6. Unintentional waste of Seasame street education by using the W sign upside down.<br />7. Finally, they should be done for making the word "upgrade" universally identifiable by all over 2 years.<br /><br />I think there's a far more sinister evil out there folk! Wake up and smell the grass! <br />Yes it's sad to hear people get injured, but there is a thing called common sense which, taught to us by our parents, kept us safe and made us think............<br />I well recall the famous sign in the famous Disney character TV program with the scientist Gyro from Donald Duck. The sign simply said "Think"!<br />Ross

Moose_Miller

Petty Officer 1st Class

There's been times after a hard days work, I've thought about sueing the city for building the sidewalk too close to my butt... does that count? :D

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

No sport, they'd just counter-sue you for having your ass too close to the footpath. Has to be in breech (scuse spelling) of some by-law!<br />Ross

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

We're back to McDonalds again. It is their fault that Moose's butt is too close to the path. It can't be Moose's fault. He thought the food was good for you. It is beef isn't it?<br /><br />In a recent Readers Digest Article (December, 2002 pages 35-37), there was just this subject and lawsuit. There is even a professor at Northeastern University that has begun training lawyers in tactics to squeeze money from fast food places.<br /><br />See article<br /><br /> http://users3.ev1.net/~keltonkrew/mcdonalds-article.pdf

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

How about that, the infamous Mickeydees "I got fat, it's your fault, now pay me" lawsuit has been thrown out. This ruling restores some of my faith that our legal system isn't totally wacko. :D <br /><br />NEW YORK -- People who wolf down supersized, high calorie foods cannot blame the fast-food industry for their weight and health problems, a federal judge has ruled. <br /><br />In dismissing a class-action lawsuit that claimed that McDonald's food caused health problems in children, U.S. District Court Judge Robert Sweet said consumers "cannot blame McDonald's if they, nonetheless, choose to satiate their appetite with a surfeit of supersized McDonald's products." <br /><br />"If a person knows or should know that eating copious orders of supersized McDonald's products is unhealthy and may result in weight gain ... it is not the place of the law to protect them from their own excesses," Sweet wrote in the 65-page ruling issued Wednesday. "Nobody is forced to eat at McDonald's."

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would think that the local law enforcement would put charges on the parents for allowing their child to consum so much. Looks like child endangering to me. I get a free meal every day of the week and take advantage of it. I'm not overweight at all for my size.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Someone sent me this the other day,<br />I think it fits here......<br /><br />11 web page

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Ryan T, that reminds me of the Store managers trying to explain to me that their walkin freezer went from -10 to 60 degrees in an hour! (means they were not doing their time an temp log) :mad: I just don't like having to scramble to get the temps back down before product lose occurs. Especially when they call me at midnight about a problem that they would have known about at 6pm.