Mayor Fuel Starvation

Bolo

Cadet
I have a 1994 yamaha 200 hp, bilt in tank 100 galons. With Full tank go out . Less then 1/3 of tank empty ( 3 hours troling at 10 mph)all of a sudden sound like it was about to die . I squeeze the primer bulb and runs perfect , after a few minutes primer bulb goes flat. I star checking the fuel sistem desconecting the primer bulb , pumping again and runs for minutes. Replaced fuel pumps ,primer bulbs,filter, fuel lines, tank vent for blockages . Still the same. Please Help Me

alcan

Commander
Re: Mayor Fuel Starvation

Hi Bolo<br />This is just a guess. If your tank vent is equipted with an anti siphin valve I would check that. Good luck.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, Bolo.<br /><br />You've covered the usual suspects. Inspect the inside of your tank for blockage of the fuel pickup or a stuck anti-siphon valve in the fitting.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, Alcan. Beat me to the draw. I was typing while you posted. :)

petryshyn

Commander

Bolo<br /><br />Tee in a vacuum/pressure gauge between the tank and primer bulb. While running you shouldn't have more than 5"hg. If you do, it could be the tank vent or anti-syphon valve at the tank.<br /> :)

Bolo

Cadet