Maybe SBN should have waited....

eeboater

Commander
Ok, what do you guys think? Finally, official photos of the Commander. Clearly the reviewer HATES Jeeps for some reason. Ignore his "blog" but check out the photos!!<br /><br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />OH, and they had a blurb on the Grand Cherokee SRT-8?<br /><br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />Sean

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Maybe SBN should have waited....

The Commander looks like a Rover mated with the Sport... The Cherokee looks nice<br /><br />I had a really, really, really bad experience with a 2002 Cherokee so I personally wouldn't buy one but they do look nice.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

top one looks like a Land Rover wanna-be<br /><br />bottom one looks like a PT-Cruiser on crack<br /><br />,....thats just me tho :p :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No thanks, I will keep mine.<br />
gc13sq.jpg
<br />
gc27je.jpg

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

They do look like nice vehicles, but i have never found Chrysler products to be very appealing :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Then EF, you should take a drive in my GC. It is unreal at the comfort and power and the handling.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

The commander is ugly. It looks like they took the old cherokee and stapped a liberty front on it. <br /><br />The commander is a bigger than a Grand Cherokee right?? I loved my old GC but it wasn't big enough, so I was hoping the commander would be my next vehicle. Not now.<br /><br />The GC SRT 8 looks cool. But I personally want my jeeps to be off roaders not fancy boulevard cruisers. JMO

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by KM2:<br /> The commander is ugly. It looks like they took the old cherokee and stapped a liberty front on it. <br />
Ummm no. To use your comparison.... they took the Liberty and slapped the old Cherokee front end on it...<br /><br />I'll put the Commander up against the Suburban, Yukon, and Armada... and it will win.<br /><br />Sean

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

Yea I did mix that up. I just looked up more pictures and still don't like how it looks. <br /><br />Win against suburban, armada... What does that mean?

eeboater

Commander

It means I have an irrational bias when comparing vehicles :D :D :D :D

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

It's good to be passionate about something. <br /><br />The Jeep Liberty CRD is most likely the next jeep to find it's way to our garage. :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> .....<br />I'll put the Commander up against the Suburban, Yukon, and Armada... and it will win.<br /><br />Sean [/QB]
Sean .. pardon me but, .... you need to stop eating those paint chips soaked in Old Milwaukee..<br /><br /> :p :D

eeboater

Commander

:D Wait, paint chips are bad? The lead lined asbestos ones are the best on a fresh garden salad. :D :D

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like the family truckster to me. All you need is Chevy Chase...<br /><br />
truckster.jpg

SpinnerBait_Nut

Ok, for one thing, you can't tow with the new srt GC. Where would you put the hitch? The tailpipes are where the hitch should be.

SoulWinner

Commander

Lester, I didn't know your truck has four wheel disc brakes. Cool. That's a sweet ride for sure.

eeboater

Commander

Yep -- the Grands have had 4 wh. discs for a while.<br /><br /> :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Yep -- the Grands have had 4 wh. discs for a while.<br /><br /> :D
Yea and my truck does too. :D

mattttt25

Commander

i wish they went back to the good old cherokee. liberty came out looking too much like a chick ride. i miss my old cherokee. rough, but dependable.