Math quiz

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
A guy goes into a bar for a drink. This bar has a policy. The bartender tells the customer a number. If the customer answers back with the correct number of their own, then they get a free drink.<br /><br />The customer sees the first one come in. Bartender says 6, the customer answers 3. The bartender says it is the correct number and gives the man a free drink.<br />The next customer comes in, bartender says 12. The customer says 6 and gets a free drink.<br />Next customer comes in. The bartender says 16, what is the correct answer?<br /><br />The first one to figure it out, I will E-mail them a free drink of their choice.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Math quiz

I was going to answer '8', but that would be too obvious.<br /><br />The answer is 12. I'll have a scotch with a dash of water, thanks.

Pony

Rear Admiral

i was thinking that too, but then i was thinking......what if thats the point. everyone would think 8 is TOO obvious to be an answer

Dunaruna

Admiral

Oh, the old reverse reverse psychology trick you think?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Kind of like the age old question.....How long is a string? Anyone answer that will get a double.<br /><br />Or maybe What is your name? (true or false)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

were not customers.....<br />so we cant answer the question :rolleyes:

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

The answer is<br />Any number is correct. It's a marketing ploy to get the customer in the door.

oddjob

Commander

I dont od math on Mondays,..sorry. :( <br /><br />ps-or correct spelling. :rolleyes:

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> 7.....letters in the word sixteen
Ding! Ding! Ding!<br />I think we have a winner!! <br />Do We DD?<br /><br />Oh and a string is long enough to reach end to end<br /> :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, 7 is the answer.<br /><br />The string is long enough, but the correct answer is twice the distance from the middle to the end. This is also the same length as a chinaman.<br /><br />Finally, the answer I give to "What is you name?" is False.