Mate!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey guys and guyesses, I've been a member here for a while now and whilst I'm not the most prolific poster here I do enjoy reading all that goes up on the screen.<br />I've noted the recent bad vibes hereabouts and just wanted to ask folk to keep it friendly. After all thats what attracted us all to this site. It was the information sharing and comaradery with like minded boaters/sailors/fishers that got us all togeather in the first place!<br />I note that every autum here in NZ this site appears to become a bit depressed in content on the dockside chat forum and can only wonder and make subjective points about why, but it soon picks up and you guys get on with the chat and banter with the general ease it should contain.<br />There's this incidious part of us all that wants to have a good time and enjoy the company of others on the forum, I for one would love to meet some of you guys but alas it isn't likely to happen, so I get my satisfaction vacariously through postings here!<br />Be good to each other, there's folk around the world who have an interest in reading posts. <br />Please keep it friendly............<br />Ross

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mate!

guyesses ???<br />So do we now call Ladyfish, guyessfish? :D :D :confused:

Link

Rear Admiral

Good point indeed. <br />I think your going to get bonked by GuyessFish :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> guyesses ???<br />So do we now call Ladyfish, guyessfish? :D :D :confused:
Don't know.<br />Called my wife that and she hit me. :p

Carphunter

Commander

Well said Ross.<br /><br />I know many people here get tired of my goofy comments, but I really do try to keep the atmosphere light-hearted. I'm just a happy person, and many of my posts reflect that, I believe. 99.9% of the time, I'm just making some sort of silly comment in the hopes that I can inject a little humor into this site.<br /><br />It amazes me sometimes that soo many people seem so unhappy. <br /><br />Ya gotta live life to the fullest, 'cause we really ain't here very long.<br /><br />I do miss SBN's daily funnies. :(

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Here is a funny for ya carp,<br /><br />A farmer in Nebraska got pulled over by a State Trooper for speeding.<br />The trooper started to lecture the farmer about his speeding, and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the farmer feel uncomfortable. Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket. As he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were<br />buzzing around his head.<br /><br />The farmer said, "Having some problem with circle flies there, are ya?"<br /><br />The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said, "Well yeah, if thats<br />what they are. I never heard of circle flies."<br /><br />So the farmer says, "Well, circle flies are common on farms. See,<br />they're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling<br />around the back end of a horse."<br />The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. Then after<br />a minute, he stops and says, "Are you trying to call me a horse's ***?"<br /><br />The farmer says, "Oh no, officer. I have too much respect for law<br />enforcement and police officers to even think about calling you a horse's<br />***."<br /><br />The trooper says, "Well that's a good thing," and goes back to writing<br />the ticket.<br /><br />After a long pause, the farmer says, "Hard to fool them flies though."<br /><br /> :p :p

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

back on the farm.... agree 100% Ross. seems to<br />go in cycles. as new folks join, they begin to<br />strongly debate some issues, then as time goes on<br />and the same old debates keep rearing their ugly<br />heads, they get bored an Mellow a bit I think.<br />I, myself am guilty of learning the hard way.<br />most of us find their place after awhile I think.<br />sorta finding where they fit in perhaps?<br />as for never meeting any of your Iboats mates,<br />if you don't make it stateside, maybe one day<br />I'll be downunder looking for a fishing trip ;) <br />tight lines, calm waters and blue skies!<br />M.Y.