Mary Kay cosmetics

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Anyone's wife here sell Mary Kay.<br /><br />The wife is thinking about it, and I'm just curious if any one has any experience with them.<br /><br />I told her the only thing bad is her friends might not be happy to see her anymore. :D <br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Mary Kay cosmetics

Wife doesn't sell it, but she swears by it and supports others that do sell it.

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My wife sells MK. She just started and only been at it for a few months. Hard to get a customer base started, but her friends help her set up classes and slowly she gets more and more clients. She's working full time right now, and only has time for about 1 class a week (she teaches skin care classes to get them hooked on the products). They say the first year is pretty rough, but if she can hang in there that long her customer base will eventually get big enough to start making good money. (we hope!!)

D

DJ

We (wife and I) have a feind that is into MK. She has been for quite some time and has a large and faithful client base.<br /><br />The products are quite good, from what I understand.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Ya gonna get a pink Caddy for her to drive? :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Heck Id take a pink Yugo if it was free! :D <br /><br />Well...maybe not.<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

MK has had a great rep for what 30 years? Women love to get together and play makeup. Hope she's a success. When I was a boy my mother did it or another brand. She and all her friends looked great.

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did I mention it'll give you more time to work on the boat?!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Friends wife does it. Good business once she got up and running. It was hard getting customers set up, these days people are not home as often and don't spend time with stuff like this. After a year or so she is going prety much full time plus some. Don't know about the income, but the business is busy.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Saxis:<br /> Did I mention it'll give you more time to work on the boat?!
What Mary Kay products are Marine approved? Mary Kay 40WT. SAE Outboard Oil, or Mary Kay Fuel Satbilizer? :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Thats a darn good idea. Trendy salespeople that give oil and grease parties for men!<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

My wife isn't a MK person, rather, she is a Partylite person. She sells candles in case you don't know what Partylite is. She does it primarily to get the discount on the wax (candles). But from what I have seen, anyone who stays on it can turn it into quite a lucrative venture. I have been half considering starting to sell them myself. I know I can get away with it, many women have suggested it. I think its something about my personality/charm that I could get women to buy large quantities of candles. <br /><br />Anyways, I know it isn't EXACTLY MK, but I know a lot about how the biz works. Be warned though, if she signs up for this stuff, prepare to have a room dedicated to makeup. I currently have a room dedicated to candles. Never thought I'd have so many tealights, votives, jar, barrell, 3-wick, tapers and mini-3-wicks in my life.<br /><br />Sean

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I got invited to a candle part once. I was the only guy there in a room full of single women. I married one of them.<br /><br />Funny thing is the girl who hosted the party invited me to hook me up with her friend. I married the host instead.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Best friend's mother is a pink caddy driving district rep (I think...maybe regional or something) Full-time job but she loves it. You have to believe in the product and focus...almost to a fanatical level to get where she did. Shoot me an email at <myusername>@yahoo.com I will forward any questions to her that you might have.<br /><br />-JustMrWill