Marines respond to Farenheit 911

gaugeguy

Captain
Semper Fidelis, Devil Dogs :cool: <br /><br /> (EDIT: deleted a picture of 2 Marines expressing very negative opinions about Michael Moore's movie and expressing support of Presidednt Bush.<br /><br />Language too strong.)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Marines respond to Farenheit 911

Real sorry, GG. Still a bit too strong for here.<br /><br />My son, the gyrene, sent me the unedited version and I really wanted to put it here, but. . . well, it is too obvious what it said.

gaugeguy

Captain

Two marines in Iraq. :cool: <br /><br />Funny JB, my dad was an old navy salt also, and for some reason he calls me a gyrene too ;)

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I don't need no picture to know what it said. I'm sure it expressed the sentiments of nearly every soldier and marine in Iraq, and at least half of the citizens of this country (if not more).<br />HooAhh!

gaugeguy

Captain

Fill in the blank...<br /><br />
Marines.jpg

JB

That works. :D <br /><br />I don't know where "Gyrene" came from, but I don't remember when it didn't mean Marine. A nickname of respect.

Stratosfied

Ensign

How do ya like the k-bar knife in the Marines left shoulder!!Too Cool Picture for words! :cool:

Kenneth Brown

Captain

You can have the Kabar, I'll take the M60. I will be nice though and let you carry the M60 while I carry the knife.<br /><br />I'd say thats two fine young men on the way to a succesful life. They seem to have their heads on straight.

gaugeguy

Captain

The Ka-bar is too big and clumsy. Makes a good hammer or prybar. I traded mine to some Polish sailors for a case of vodka. The knife the SEALs use is the superior fighting knife. I just used my bayonet, not as pretty but really effective.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

GG, at one time I thought the SEALS used something similar to the Buckmaster. Is/was that true? Thanks.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Stratosfied:<br /> K bars and M60's...Reckon they got any grenades on em? :rolleyes:
Yea, where's them things that go, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<br />OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM<br />MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM<br />MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM<br />MMMMMMM :D :D :D <br /><br />That's what I say, bomb them all.

oddjob

Commander

wish I knew who this moore guy was...whats he look like?

Stratosfied

Ensign

I'm with ya SBN. Also, I see a nice little sidearm on the picture!(it probally goes pow,pow,pow...)

Stratosfied

Ensign

oddjob, have you ever seen a 6' tall 320lb pile of manure?? if so then you have seen moore. although it is very disrespectful of me to "dis" manure by comparing it to moore. :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

The SEAL knife is made by SOG, holds an edge better, a little lighter and has a thinner blade (doesn't get stuck in the rib cage as easy). The Ka-bar looks cooler though...<br /><br />
sog37l.jpg

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks gg. That's a nice looking blade. I'll have to see if they have one up at my supplier. I collect knives. I have always liked blades for some reason. Thanks again.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Some crazy fool sent me this at work. Or was he just a little smarter than Michael Moore.<br /><br /><br />In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people We lost 600 soldiers. An average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home. <br />Worst president in history? Come on and get real! <br /><br />ALSO: <br /> <br />The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but... <br /> <br />It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. <br />We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hilary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records in regards to the White Water Scandal. <br /> <br />It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquid**** and his woman passenger drowned. <br /> <br />It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!! <br /> <br />Our military is doing a GREAT job! Pass this on if you agree.