mariner 25 h.p no spark

aidenscott

Cadet
This motor was given to me and I don't want start replacing everything until I know it's worth it. Checked for spark,nothing. Removed the flywheel and saw that the magnets popped off. Replaced them and still no spark. The ser# is ob141640 and I believe it's a'87 . I'm not sure if I'm missing something being that I never saw it run. It doesn't appear to be making power from the stator/trigger switch. What' the best way to test this..P.S. It's a manual starter and my arm is getting tired.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: mariner 25 h.p no spark

hello <br /> for most any testing a peak reading multi-meter like a CD-77 and the correct service manual must be used. its very easy but does require the proper test equipment. a standard DVM wont work. but to eliminate the kill circits unplug the blk/yellow wires at the switchbox and retest for spark.

DHPMARINE

Captain

Morning,<br />Could be many things,but how did you position the magnets when you replaced them.Also a comprssion reading is in order before gooing too far.Sometimes even a free motor is not worth the cost to repair.<br /><br />DHP

aidenscott

Cadet

I unplugged both kill switches immediately and still nothing. I unplugged everything to see if I'm getting any activety from under the fly wheel. Compression is good and equal. I glued the magnets exactly from where they popped from. (there were two "clean spots" from which they were originally)