Mariner 220 question

k5blazerboy

Seaman
I currently own a 16' starcraft and have found its way too small for what I use it for. I have a 3 year plan than includes a 22' restoration. I plan in buying a newer 4 stroke outboard in at least 150 HP. I am so sick of fixing old outboards! My main question is what is the weight capacity, persons, motor and gear?

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Mariner 220 question

22 Starcraft what mod. Islander or Holiday or Super Sport. Most 22 older were labled for a 150 max but some say 200 max. more info from others I'm sure . Weight capicity depends on the model.

k5blazerboy

Seaman

The mariner 220v cc is what I'm looking for. Any year really does not matter. Probably late 80's hull.

k5blazerboy

Seaman

Well I guess here is the deal, I'm torn between a 21' and a 22.' It will be my 3 season boat. Spring river fishing, summers on all the lakes, big and small, including lake Michigan. Carp shooting a couple times a summer and duck hunting anywhere from lake Michigan to the mississippi and all the big waters in between in the fall. So it must have good weight capacity but nimble enough to menouvar rivers of all sizes. Thanks for any input!