mariner 150 v6 1985 oil inj. ?

rcc379

Recruit
I bought a boat 150 v6. Has no oil ijection but has lines going from block, cylinders to the front of the intake plate ,front the reeds. does it even need the lines, can I just plug the fittings.

sxmerc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mariner 150 v6 1985 oil inj. ?

These are recirc and bleed lines. Do not mess wiff em'.;)

rcc379

Recruit

thanks. Does it recirc excess fuel. Does it use vacum to recirc back to the reed plate. I am chasing a ghost, runs great sometimes, sometimes wont plane, seems to be worse when engine and weather is hot. Everybody has told me fuel but im starting to think I got a ignition problem.

j_martin

Admiral

thanks. Does it recirc excess fuel. Does it use vacum to recirc back to the reed plate. I am chasing a ghost, runs great sometimes, sometimes wont plane, seems to be worse when engine and weather is hot. Everybody has told me fuel but im starting to think I got a ignition problem.

There's 2 ways to approach this problem
1. Throw parts (money) at it based on others comments about what fixed their engine, or what they think will fix yours.

2. Get the manufacturers maintenance manual, learn how your engine actually works, (you obviously need education here just based on your questions) and also the systematic diagnosis of specific problems, then dog it till you find the bad part and replace it.

#2, along with thousands of helpers here at iBoats would be the way to go.

It's possible to trap a ghost like this. It's all in setting up the trap.:D

hope it helps
John
John