Marine weather sites for mobile phones?

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This may not be in the right spot but here goes...
I have been looking for site or app that will let me check the local marine weather reports from my phone. I'd like to be able to check from work or on my way home to see if conditions are right for a ride or boat dive. So far I've been unsuccessful in my search and hope someone has something they are happy with.
Thanks!

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Marine weather sites for mobile phones?

I think he is looking for maybe mobile radar:

I made a site that works well for me and my phone www.mn-c.com/m.html

If you let me know the lat and lon of where you are I could modify my 3 maps for S. Michigan and put them on your own little site.

http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_composite?centerlat=44.87382126&centerlon=-93.14070129&radius=60&type=N0R&frame=0&num=5&delay=15&width=230&height=250&newmaps=1

F14CRAZY

Ensign

If all else fails you can call the West Marine closest to where you boat and be put on hold

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ah yes. I've been giving wunderground a new try this week and bookmarked the pages that apply to my area of interest. So far, it has been good to use.
korygrandy, if the offer still stands I will get the lat and lon to you, I can see the benefit of having some premade pages available for quick access.

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Here are the coords for the pier in St Joseph. 42.116354,-86.494718

korygrandy

I hope you get this greendiver but I made a nice little weather page showing animated radar for a 30, 60, 90 and 120 mile radius along with a link to the hourly conditions.

Here's the link:
http://www.grandwindow.com/greendiver.html

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

korygrandy

That is really cool I have looked around for something like that before. Is their a place I can go to set one up for my location since on wunderground does not have maps for my zipcode.

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just what the doctor ordered! Nice and simple and just what I need! Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate it!

korygrandy

badbowtie, what's your zip code. I will see what I can come up with for you. One thing I want to find is a good cloude coverage radar.

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

47030 let me know what you find.
Thanks

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks That is great.

korygrandy

Do the radar images show up small on your phone? They seem small on my phone. I might have to look at my code to see if I can make them bigger.

Greendiver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok so after fully using what korygrandy brewed up for a while now I have to say it has helped alot.

The forecasts have been spotty at best but yesterday AM I was able to watch and time my arrival at the launch just as the weather was clearing.

Thanks again korygrandy!

Bama J

Cadet

korygrandy,
That is awesome! Could you possibly make one for zip code 35613? I'd really appreciate it. Been looking for something like this for a while, I can find radars but haven't found one that worked well "in motion" on my phone. Thanks so much in advance!

korygrandy

Yeah I will take a look at the zip and find the Long, Lat for the nearby lake/river you are most likely concerned about.

korygrandy

Greendiver: Yeah I use these all the time. If you have a big lake sometimes you can avoid the showers just by using these radars. This is the most helpful information in turns of boating and riding a motorcycle. If anyone else wants some animated radar's customized for their location just ask and I will deliver as I know how helpful they have been for me.

korygrandy

korygrandy,
That is awesome! Could you possibly make one for zip code 35613? I'd really appreciate it. Been looking for something like this for a while, I can find radars but haven't found one that worked well "in motion" on my phone. Thanks so much in advance!

www.grandwindow.com/athens.html
My phone displays the first page kind of small. This link might work better for you.
www.grandwindow.com/athens1.html
- I used the long and lat from some athens college.
- I added an additonal radar for a 15mile radius.
- These images are 300pixels x 300pixels. If your phones screen is smaller than this they will be cut off...just let me know if you need it smaller.
- Don't forget about the hourly forecast...that comes in handy for the wind.

Bama J

Cadet

korygrandy,
You are awesome! Those work beautifully. Thanks so much!