Marine Engine Rebuilder in Canada

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Marine Engine Rebuilder in Canada

Hey Cap,what area of Canada are you talking about.

Martin Leaney

Seaman

Anywhere if they are reputable and would ship to the Calgary area.<br /><br />There are several local rebuilders but as you can imagine they are not 'marine' guys here on the east slopes of the Rockies. I'm sure they could do good job but I would like to be sure I'm getting an engine which is good for the marine environment.

Catchem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gonna get a little expensive for you I would think for shipping alone.Most machine shops should be able to help you out.Hopefully someone in your area will see your post and help you out.<br />How about BC area.Lots of places there.

Martin Leaney

Seaman

We keep our boat in BC during the season and I know from experience that everything is more expensive there. <br /><br />I think I will get the specs from the Mercruiser manual and give it to a good local rebuilder.<br /><br />Thanks...

flashback

Captain

Hey capt. Any good engine shop should be able to fix you up. there is not much difference between a marine engine and a truck engine, but those differences are important. (cam, freeze plugs, gasket set, block drains, etc. to mention a few). you can reuse all the bolt on stuff like the alternator, water pump, fuel pump etc. although I would probably get a new fuel pump if it were me, if the existing one is 20 years old..good luck