Manual exhaust diverter

Yukonmuscle

Seaman
I'm gonna put through hull exhaust on my 2010 bayliner 195. I like the idea or the corsa electric diverter but hate the $1000 price. So I figure I will just cap the factory exhaust and plum in through hulls out each side. But I was wondering if anyone makes a manual diverter, I don't mind opening the engine hatch to switch the valves. It would nice to switch to quiet mode....... But it's gonna happen either way

Yukonmuscle

Seaman
Re: Manual exhaust diverter

Thanks, but I'm looking for a cheaper diverter then the corsa ones. Not a cheaper actuator. Just a manual, open the engine hatch and flip both deverters by hand sort of thing. $500 a pair seems reasonable to me but $1000 a pair, switch operated or not, seems insane to me.........

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

better make sure its air tight fit too, you don't want the exhaust fumes inside the boat!!

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, but I'm looking for a cheaper diverter then the corsa ones. Not a cheaper actuator. Just a manual, open the engine hatch and flip both deverters by hand sort of thing. $500 a pair seems reasonable to me but $1000 a pair, switch operated or not, seems insane to me.........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Capt...sories_Gear&hash=item2a12af2103#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERC...sories_Gear&hash=item43a882c765#ht_500wt_1182

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'll probably get blasted for saying so, but I have to ask: Why do you want to option to run it in quiet mode? Presumably so it won't irritate you or other people around at certain times. Then my next question is what about the rest of the time. It will still be irritating to those around you. Just saying, look at the consequences before dropping the money on the upgrade. $500 - $1000 would buy alot of other nice upgrades that you might get even more enjoyment out of.

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

Thanks guys!!! And I want quiet mode for when I am in and around my parents yaht harbor. Everything I own is loud, my jacked up jeep, my supercharged grand prix, boat is so quiet, I feel like it's not mine lol

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

Yukon, I'm with you, everything I own has a "Loudness Upgrade" except this boat. My last one did but this one needs side exit (No room on the transom) and I just haven't had the funds. Theres one that combines through prop with thruhull, no diverter, just goes out both. I'm leaning that way. about 200$ for both diverters.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I'm with jon..... It is inconsiderate to run open exhaust.... that said, you can give her just a little more sound while on plane without being obnoxious by removing the exhaust bellows

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

I'm glad Im not the only one!! I think I might have to do a side exit too. I don't want to go under the extended swim platform with my tips and I seen a fourwinns ss with side exit that I thought was so cool. Why are side exit tips so much more money???? I've seen a couple flush mount tips for the rear that I might just use on the side

mad dwarf

Cadet

What kind of drive is it, and did you do the conversion yet? Friend of mine just bought a boat that has the diverter its on a 7.4 liter merc, he is wanting to eliminate the diverter system and just be thru hull,EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

the QTP's shown on the Amazon link are NOT marine diverters. they are lake pipe cut-out actuators, commonly used on street cars that see strip time.