Manifold & Riser

PT

Seaman
Many posts on Manis & Risers lasting around 5 years in saltwater, How much usage in salt water are we talking about here, I put mine in salt water about 5 to 10 times a year, last year didnt use it at all, & when i get home i flush it out really good with fresh water. Based on that is it still around 5 years? Im refering to a 1987 OMC 3.0 if it matters, would think all are about the same but i have been wrong before.

magster65

Commander
Re: Manifold & Riser

Nobody can tell you for sure. If you're at all concerned, why not inspect them? It'll only cost you the price of the gaskets.

PT

Seaman

Hi Magster<br />I wasnt looking for a for sure,just a ballpark opinion.What i was getting at is if you use the boat in saltwater but dont use it that much & when you do use it , flush it out with fresh water, shouldnt it last alot longer.

McKenzie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yours should last longer than 5 years. I also flushed the system after every use up until last year when I decided to moor it. You cant flush while on the mooring and i paided for it, $400 a side! The manifolds/risers were factory, so 1992/1993 to 2002, They probably would have lasted even longer if I didn't moor my boat last season.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

PT-Mac-Mag...check out Volvo's Neutra-Salt flushing device-adaptable to Merc and OMC sterndrives...you can flush in the water as long as you have a raw water pump :cool: