Mangled my prop yesterday - need advice for replacement

Road Head

Seaman Apprentice
I have a '94 Chaparral with the 5.7L Mercruiser, and Alpha One Gen II. I have been thinking about getting a new prop (we do lots of skiing, tubing, and soon to be wakeboarding), and then yesterday I dinged mine up. Two of the three blades are damaged - it will work as an on-board spare, but not so much for regular use.

So I need some help. I want to find one (hopefully at a local store so that I can have it ASAP). As I mentioned, we mainly play around and cruise some. The fastest that we have gone so far is 30mph (rpms seemed to be just over 3k at 30mph), and there seemed to be plenty of throttle left - however, I have no desire to go any faster. The lake we are on is pretty rough, not to mention some debris (hence the damaged prop 8) ).

Other than 3 blades, I have no idea what size or pitch my current prop has. But I would like suggestions for something I should look for, hopefully under a couple hundred bucks. What size, pitch, blades should I be looking for?

Also, if anybody could tell me what sized socket I need to remove the current one (boat is in dry storage at the marina) I would appreicate it, I am going to run by and pick one up and leave it on board with the spare, and a spare nut/washers.

Thanks!