Making my own flush system?

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all :)

I have a 1993 18feet Stingray 556zpx with a 3.0 mercruiser engine, and where i live we only have saltwater :mad:
Ohh well, then i just have to flush the engine, i dont wanna flush via muflers to the gearleg, its noisy and not easy with the boat in the water..

I have been looking thoughout the web and found systems like superflusher, and so on.. but im not paying 300$ for some special made fittings, when i can go down to the local hardware store and buy the fittings for 50$..

And now to the question :D
Where is the best place to attatch the freshwater flush system?

My ideas:
1. One line to the engine block drain plug, and one line to the waterintake line between impeller and thermostat.

2. One line to the engine block drain plug, and one line to the manifold drain plug.

I think number one is the best, what do you guys think?
Have any of you done anything like this?

I hope you have a little input for my projekt.. ;)

Kind regards
Morten Juel
Denmark

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Making my own flush system?

In the hose that comes from the transom shield. Tee your flushing attachment in. DO NOT run the engine when flushing.

Do you have raw water cooling, or a closed cooling system?

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

In the hose that comes from the transom shield. Tee your flushing attachment in. DO NOT run the engine when flushing.

Do you have raw water cooling, or a closed cooling system?

Hi Don :)

I have raw water cooling..
Is it enought to tee in the flushing at the water intake?? what about the water in the engine block? it wont be flushed ud becurse of the closed thermostat! Or am i wrong?

Kind regards
Morten

Juel-dk

Seaman Apprentice

Nobody else have some experiences?

Im thinking of putting in a small hose for the T part where the water comes from the Z drive, and a little larger hose for the drain to the engine, so the biggest pressure will come from the bottom..