Making me move

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Got a letter today saying that I no longer can use the dock that I have used for the last 3 years. This past season, a private company has leased the marina. However the dock that I used was not under their contract. It is under the Muskingum Watershed Consevation District (MWCD) or basically it was under the parks authority. This year they say it is for campers only.<br /><br />I just emailed them about my delima. I explained that I have tried to get into a shore powered space. I did mention that it irritated me that seeing boats that did not require shore power was using those docks seasonally. I can't understand why someone would pay for an electric dock and not use it. It is twice as much for an electric dock.<br /><br />I like my old dock. Easy in and out, fairly private, and excellent fishing right from the boat at the dock. I feel like a country kid being forced to move into the city. :( <br /><br />The only good point could be is if I can get a shore powered dock. That would make me happy :D I can then install air condition and spend more time on the boat! :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Making me move

Seasonal rates for a campsite is about 3X the dock fee though?

dolluper

Captain

Good reason not to be a camper then ,,that's a shame they can screw you like that,always thinking about making more off the backs of people too much

NYMINUTE

Captain

As they contiue to build Condo's and Hotels on the lakes the access sites diminish. Then the question is? Where is the revenue from boaters? Thus an increase in the already high fees.

spratt

Lieutenant

OK, looks like the eco-idiost don't want folks to use the forests...teh condo-builders don't want us to use the waters...teh county commissioners don't want us to use the land...the parks commissions want to sell off the parks and public lands...hmmm, maybe a trip to the moon???? It is always the mighty dollar!!! Someone with a lot comes in adn takes from the ones who don't!!! Or someone with an agenda tries to oust the majority so their little minority group can be heard all over...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Uh, Huh? Let me make things a little bit clearer. This lake is owned by the Mushkingum Watershed MWCD. These group of lakes are for the sole purpose of holding back water to aid in flood control of rivers and streams. The docks that I have been renting also has the camping area. MWCD just decided to privatize the marina. The docks that I was docked at was in a seperate part of the lake. <br /><br />So I guess the MWCD just wants to only rent out the E docks to campers only. Making them a non-seasonal dock. I just has me bummed out. Now I have to wait in traffic to get in an out of the marina, can't fish from my boat, no generators within the marina, and a $90 mandatory seasonal pump out for boats with a holding tank. Yep thats me alright. <br /><br />Guess I'll just do a few more side jobs and get the money together. All this is starting to take the fun out of it.